Maintains mechanical and electrical equipment and structures, including environmental systems and emergency power generators. Maintains buildings and grounds. May construct outbuildings and storage sheds. May assist plant maintenance technicians. Duties may include welding, machining, machine and equipment repairing, carpentry and electrical work.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains mechanical and electrical equipment and structures including environmental systems and emergency power generators.
- Maintains buildings by inspecting and repairing plumbing, electrical, building fixtures and woodwork as needed. Maintains grounds through mowing, weed control and disposing of trash. Clears walkways to ensure safe passage. Repairs yards and fences as needed.
- May construct outbuildings and storage sheds using hand and power tools.
- May assist plant maintenance technicians upon request.
- May perform mechanical repair of generators and other equipment.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
- Required to have ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Must have self starter able to work alone and with other employees.
- Must have complex problem solving skills on all types of electrical and mechanical problems.
- Must be willing to be called out to repair problems and assist with any other required tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines and ability to maintain and perform minor mechanical repairs.
- Must have knowledge of DC Power, rectifiers and battery systems.
- Knowledge of general building and grounds repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating various hand and power tools.
- Skill in operating various grounds and maintenance equipment including snowcat, truck and trailer.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Basic computer operating skills, MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus one to two years of specialized training in electronics or electrical previous facilities maintenance experience preferred. Journeyman or Master Electrical License is preferred.
Send resumes to PO Box 555 Escalante, UT 84726, or email to HR@socen.com
To apply for this job email your details to HR@socen.com