Your monthly bill statement contains all of your billing information in a simplified, easy-to-read format and is always available to view and pay at any time by signing in to My Account.
Below we’ve answered some common questions and provided some diagrams to help you get familiar with the different aspects of your bill.
My first bill higher than I expected, can you help me understand why?
SC Broadband bills in advance for most services. (Note: usage based charges like Long Distance are the exception.) This means your first bill will include pro-rated charges from the previous month during which you were installed, as well as charges for the upcoming month. If you started service at the beginning of a month, your first bill will include charges for nearly two full months.
I see pro-rated charges, but not pro-rated promo credits on my first bill. Why is that?
Since most promotional credits are based on a full month of service, we’ve chosen to not pro-rate credits for partial months of service. This actually makes your ongoing bills cleaner and easier to understand. For the Cedar City Gig Internet promotional rate of $45/month for one year, you will see twelve $20 credits for a full year, rather than pro-rated amounts for the first and last month.
I’m still not sure I understand my first bill, can you show me an example?
Sure! Please see the example bill images in the diagrams below for visual aids.
This example customer was installed with new SC Broadband Gig Internet on March 20th. They also received our $45/month rate for one year promotion, with free Whole-Home WiFi and Free Installation. Here are the Internet charges from their April bill (see example images below):
- Free Whole-Home WiFi equipment (Calix 804 Mesh): $0.00
- Pro-rated charges for March at the regular rate of $65/mo. (3/20-3/31): $23.83
- Regular rate monthly charges for April: $65.00
- $45/mo. promotional rate credit for April: $-20.00
- Total Charges for April: $68.63
This customer’s bill will normalize the following month and Internet charges will be $45.00 beginning in May.
Introduction To Your SC Broadband Bill
Find the numbered key outlined in the sections below for more information on how to read and understand your new billing statement.
Monthly Bill Statement Page 1
- Bill Header section is a quick way to see your previous and current due amounts, along with any payments or adjustments since the last billing period. You’ll also find your Service Agreement (ID) Number and Account Number in this section.
- The “Bill At A Glance” section provides a summary of services and charges for the current billing period.
- We recommend you check this Message Center section each month. This is where SC Broadband will provide important notices and messages that may affect your service.
- Payment stub for section for mailed payments. For those on AutoPay, you can ignore this section. This example bill shows “Credit Card” in the Amount Paid field because the amount due will be automatically debited via AutoPay.
NOTE: AutoPay payments are debited on the 15th of the month or next following business day.
Monthly Bill Statement Page 2
- If there are more bill notices than will fit within the fixed Messenger Center area, any additional messages will display at the top of the second page.
- For updates to billing location and to change payment, please call 435-263-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Bill Statement Page 3
- The Monthly Usage section provides more detailed explanations of charges associated with your chosen services. Charges are itemized by service type.
- Service descriptions help you identify types of services and charges on your bill.
- Billing dates help you associate charges to specific months (billing cycle) the charges were incurred. In this example bill, the customer signed up in March and has pro-rated charges from the previous bill cycle (March), as well the amounts for the current billing cycle (April).
- Itemized amounts, including current charges, pro-rated charges, and any credits will be reflect here, along with the total amount due. Along with regular Gig Internet charges for April, this example bill shows free Whole-Home WiFi equipment (Calix 804 Mesh), pro-rated charges from March when the customer signed up, and a promotional credit.