The positions’ primary role is to ensure proper computer operations so that employees can accomplish their tasks and duties. This includes prioritizing and troubleshooting IT issues, deploying new hardware, patching operating systems, patching software, and providing basic IT training to employees as needed. The ability to communicate effectively via phone, email and in-person is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist employees with technology concerns and needs by providing in-person and telephone/remote support.
- Troubleshoot computers, printers, email, and basic network connectivity issues
- Escalate problems, when required, to the appropriate experienced technician, Systems Administrator, or Network Engineer.
- Manage desktop operating patches and end-user application patches
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by SCC.
- Desktop, laptop, and printer repairs and replacements
- Work with relevant management team member or supervisor and Systems Administrator during onboarding new-hires to assure their information technology needs are met.
- Provide basic employee end-user training as needed
- Learn required provisioning to assist plant operations technicians creating, working, and closing service orders, running, and filing reports, and auditing and correcting plant records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 year work experience in related field preferred or 2 to 4 years of college and/or degree in related field preferred.
- Understanding of the OSI model and basic computer networking (TCP/IP, Subnets, SSH, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and a strong understanding of the Microsoft Operating System.
- Strong communication and customer service skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of basic Microsoft Office 365 suite. Including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Computer technical and troubleshooting skills and certifications strongly desired.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting multiple deadlines.
Position offers great benefits and competitive compensation based on experience.
Please email resumes to HR@socen.com or send them to PO Box 555, Escalante, UT 84726.
Download application: SCC Employment Application
To apply for this job email your details to HR@socen.com